ÆÐÅͽ¼(Patterson)ÀÇ ÆíÁö (99ȸ)
  Á¦14Àå [ºÎ·Ï]

1950³â 11¿ù 8ÀÏÀÚ, 6 ‧ 25ÀüÀï ¹ß¹ß ÈÄ ÆÐÅͽ¼ÀÌ º¸³»¿Â ÆíÁö

November 8, 1950

Dear Yun,
 Today is the first day that I could write you since postal regulations have been amended to permit the delivery of letters in Korea.

My wife and I have often thought of you and prayed for you too, since that awful day in June when you were invaded from the North. I hope this letter reaches you and that somehow you managed to come thru this ordeal without too much suffering. The news was terrible for a while, but with the landings at Inchon the back of the invasion and aggression was broken. However later news from the North about the operations of Chinese troops has been most alarming. Let us hope and pray that a settlement can be worked out quickly which will avert further bloodshed.

Conditions must be terrible in Korea today with all of the destruction which came with the war. The few pictures which I have seen indicate very clearly that many buildings have been destroyed by fire or explosive in Seoul. I do hope and pray that you and your family have escaped serious injury. The postal regulations do not yet permit the sending of packages, but when suck is the case I shall be happy to assist you if you will indicate your more pressing needs.

Please upon receipt of this letter write me telling me of your condition and future plans. As I have said we have thought about you so often and we are anxious to hear that you are well and have survived this conflict. With best regards and best wishes for your good health, I am,

Sincerely yours,
Edwin B. patterson

¡ã ÆÐÅͽ¼ ºÎºÎ

¡ã ³»°¡ ¹Ì±¹ ´ë»ç°ü ±Ù¹® ½ÃÀý, ÆÐÅͽ¼ÀÌ ¿ì¸® ¾ÆÀÌÀ» ¾È°í ÀÖ´Ù

ÆíÁýÀÚ ñÉ Àü¼úÇÑ ¹Ù¿Í °°ÀÌ ÆÐÅͽ¼Àº Çعæ ÈÄ ¹Ì ±ºÁ¤ ¶§ ³»°¡ ¹ý·ê±âÃʱ¹¿¡ ±Ù¹«Çϸ鼭 ¸¸³µ´Ù. ´ç½Ã ¹Ì¼Ò°øµ¿À§¿øȸÀÇ ÀÏÀ» ´ã´çÇÑ ÆÐÅͽ¼ ´ëÀ§´Â º¯È£»ç ÀÚ°ÝÀ» °¡Áø À²»ç·Î ¸¶À½¾¾°¡ ÂøÇÏ°í ¼ºÇàÀÌ Âø½ÇÇÑ ½Å»ç¿´´Ù. ±ºÁ¤ ÀÌÈķεµ ÆÐÅͽ¼°ú ³ª´Â ±íÀº ±³À¯¸¦ ³ª´©¾ú´Ù.

¿Ü¹«ÇàÁ¤ °³¼±¿¡ °üÇÑ °ÇÀÇ-3 (98ȸ)
  ¾Æ³»ÀÇ ÆíÁö (100ȸ)
|1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|